Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm and hours outside normal working schedule as necessary.
As the front door to higher education in Ohio, Columbus State Community College seeks an experienced, strategic and visionary leader to further advance the institution's mission and partnerships as the Director of Admissions. This position will provide leadership and management of the College's recruiting strategies and tactics; leads the ongoing professional development of the Admissions staff; ensures operational excellence; is responsible for proactive and stellar external relationships with K12 and workforce stakeholders as it relates to Admissions strategies. The incumbent in this position is responsible for recruiting first time in college; transfer; and matriculation dual credit students with special emphasis on equity and first generation recruiting strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1. Provides leadership and management of Columbus State's recruiting strategies. Serves as one of the principle contributors to the college's overarching Strategic Enrollment Plan, serves on the college's Student Success Council and the division's Leadership Council, and implements department-specific strategies and goals in alignment with institutional student success and strategic enrollment objectives.
2. Leads ongoing professional development of the Admissions team. Supervises staff and/or supervisors by assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction, resolving work problems, communicating job expectations, training employees, and developing professional growth development opportunities. Conducts annual employee evaluations, and recommends pay increases, promotions, and other personnel actions. Approves leaves and authorizes overtime as appropriate. Participates in employee selection process. Administers disciplinary actions upon approval, and in collaboration with Human Resources. Carries out, explains, interprets and enforces policy, and maintains responsibility for administering and managing department budget.
3. Collaborates with other key campus stakeholders across campus in a leadership capacity to ensure recruiting and admission strategies align with Academic Affairs and institutional goals
4. Ensures robust data analysis and assessment standards are in place and practiced in order to inform, shape, and assess the success of recruiting and new student enrollment strategies.
5. Maintains confidentiality of student records, and maintains personnel files and other sensitive information.
6. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee regularly sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Employee converses verbally with others in person and by telephone. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The incumbent in this position must possess demonstrated high level achievement in Admissions and/or new student enrollment strategies and tactics which lead to fulfillment of institutional enrollment and student success goals. In depth knowledge of Admissions and enrollment theory and best practice is required. The incumbent in this position must have knowledge of Admissions industry professional guidelines and standards as well as knowledge of student privacy standards. The incumbent in this position possesses a strong understanding of the relationship between Admissions and new student enrollment and the entire student success continuum. Knowledge of and experience in guided pathways; transfer agreements/partnerships and recruiting a diverse student body strongly preferred. The Admissions Director must possess a strong social and emotional intelligence quotient and be able to work well across institutional and external stakeholder groups. This position is often the external face of Columbus State to prospective students, families, and affinity groups and, therefore, must possess a high degree of professionalism as well as be an engaging and dynamic speaker.
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Administration, Student Personnel or a closely related field and at least five years experience and demonstrated expertise in an assigned functional area, topical expertise, or possession of a certification in a relevant functional area, including supervision of others. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree
Additional Information: Applicants must submit a cover letter detailing the match between their qualifications and the needs of the position. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Columbus State Community College has been meeting the diverse educational needs of the Central Ohio community for more than 50 years. The college is proud to be an important contributor to the growth and progress of the region and to serve as the front door to higher education in Central Ohio. From the first graduating class in 1965 through this year, 50,000 students have earned associate degrees ...in 50-plus technical fields and academic transfer programs. Columbus State also offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs whose coursework fulfills the freshman and sophomore year requirements for bachelor’s degree programs offered by four-year colleges and universities throughout the state. Specific transfer agreements with more than 40 colleges and universities are in place at Columbus State, and new direct-to degree partnership programs are being developed all the time. Columbus State now has two campuses serving Central Ohio educational needs. The Columbus Campus is located on 85 acres in downtown Columbus. The 108-acre, full-service Delaware Campus welcomed its first students in 2010. Additionally, Columbus State offers classes at nine convenient regional learning centers throughout Central Ohio.