Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Regional Director is responsible for overall Agency leadership and management for all assigned program sites. This role ensures that programs operate at the highest levels of service excellence and exceed the expectations of customers, consumers and external regulatory agencies.
1. Provides effective leadership to ensure that all assigned sites attain operational excellence in alignment with the Agencies’ strategic priorities.
2. Ensures that all assigned sites are operating in accordance with Agency policies, procedures and values.
3. Is an active leader and works collaboratively with the Victor Senior Management Team to solve problems and advance Agency goals and strategies.
4. Participates in budget development and ensures effective financial management of all assigned sites.
5. Represents the Agency in a diverse array of external settings including: business development activities, contract negotiations, dispute resolution, marketing, legislative advocacy and provider associations.
6. Ensures that all contracts are fulfilled according to contractual guidelines.
7. In partnership with the Agency Director of Business Development, identifies business opportunities that align with the Agency strategy.
8. In partnership with the Agency Human Resources Director, oversees and manages all major personnel management, workers compensation and other risk management issues.
9. Develops policies, procedures and systems to ensure the safety of all staff and clients.
10. Develops new business by diversifying customers, target populations, and service modalities
11. Prepares and conducts formal staff and community trainings on a variety of topics including: leadership, management and clinical approaches.
1. Masters or Ph.D. degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a closely related field of behavioral science from an accredited educational institution.
2. Ten years post-graduate degree management/supervisory experience in a related field with a minimum of five years of senior management level leadership experience.
3. Demonstrated program development experience and a detailed working knowledge of residential, home/community based mental health and social service programs including: STRTP, EPSDT home-based models, Wraparound, Crisis Intervention, Transition Aged Youth Services, and Residential Care.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated history of strong internal and external relationship building.
1. Previous experience as a CEO, COO, Executive Director or other top level leadership experience in a comparable sized organization.
2. Advanced knowledge and work experience with Medi-Cal (Medicaid), California Social Services and Mental Health laws, regulations and funding streams.
3. Experience with program evaluation/research.
4. Minimum five years’ experience directing a Residential Treatment Center.
Victor has a story to tell that permeates every aspect of the organization. As a 10 year old boy, Dave Favor was taken from his family home and placed in an orphanage. With this experience, he felt alone and afraid, abandoned by everyone who cared about him. Out of his fear and pain, a personal mission was born that has profoundly impacted troubled children and their families throughout the state ...of California. Through Dave's unwavering commitment to his personal mission and the organizations birthed from this mission, Victor has given thousands of families hope for more than four decades. One man, through his perseverance and tenacity, turned his pain and the harshness of life into a group of organizations that helps troubled children and their families succeed in life. He turned his belief that every individual should have the best chance possible for success into a reality by demonstrating that troubled kids can survive and thrive in a community setting modeled more on a family than an institution. Today, Victor serves thousands of children and families who are suffering with social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties, acting as a change agent and support to their achievement of happier and more successful lives.Victor employs over 1000 dedicated staff who are committed to the same values and ideals that have been in place from day one. Victor's family of services reaches throughout California, helping literally thousands of individuals and families deal with their unique challenges every day and inspiring hope for the future. With a strong foundation in place and a 40 year history of demonstrated excellence and success, Victor daily commits itself to seeking new and innovative ways to meet the needs of the people they serve today and into the future.