Schedule: M-F: 10:00-6:30 PM Maintains schedule flexibility to meet business or staffing needs. Overtime as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements. Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Performs various duties within a specialized function. Assumes general responsibility for the operation of the function, subject to management overview and supervision.
2) Services customers, using expertise and experience in the specialized function. Resolves customer, operational and administrative problems.
3) Performs various administrative, clerical and record keeping functions in support of specialized function.
4) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required and approved to meet workload demands.
5) Performs other related duties as required.
6) Maintains accurate and knowledgeable product information for Bookstore general merchandise and textbook departments. Uses this information to promote sales and limit loss.
7) Contributes to a team environment by supporting the goals of the Bookstore and ensures team morale is high through a consistent upbeat and positive attitude.
8) Assists in till balancing and opening and closing procedures as needed.
9) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance, and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Works weekends and other odd hours as assigned.
10) Participates in store inventory and cycle counts.
11) Assists with special projects as assigned.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and skill in standard retail and merchandising practices and procedures, computer and POS systems, basic mathematics, and general loss prevention guidelines. Ability to interact effectively with customers, work as a team in a busy retail environment, develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students, and guests of the college while adhering to the Bookstore policy and procedures. Skill in training, mentoring, leadership, superior customer service, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills, Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced and changing retail environment.
Associate's Degree with at least three years progressively responsible clerical experience in the area of the assigned specialized function. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in related field. 1+ year in retail leadership role.
Columbus State Community College has been meeting the diverse educational needs of the Central Ohio community for more than 50 years. The college is proud to be an important contributor to the growth and progress of the region and to serve as the front door to higher education in Central Ohio. From the first graduating class in 1965 through this year, 50,000 students have earned associate degrees ...in 50-plus technical fields and academic transfer programs. Columbus State also offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs whose coursework fulfills the freshman and sophomore year requirements for bachelor’s degree programs offered by four-year colleges and universities throughout the state. Specific transfer agreements with more than 40 colleges and universities are in place at Columbus State, and new direct-to degree partnership programs are being developed all the time. Columbus State now has two campuses serving Central Ohio educational needs. The Columbus Campus is located on 85 acres in downtown Columbus. The 108-acre, full-service Delaware Campus welcomed its first students in 2010. Additionally, Columbus State offers classes at nine convenient regional learning centers throughout Central Ohio.