The Vice President, Communication & Brand Marketing will help define the organization-wide marketing strategy in support of both product marketing and persona-based marketing strategy to assess trends, market dynamics as well as competitive pressures and incorporate into the marketing strategy to drive business growth.
Responsible for managing the SHRM brand, including development, implementation, governance and evolution of brand architecture, visual identity, brand value proposition, brand voice/tone and other cornerstones. Evaluate and oversee brand tracking and measurement as well as support organizational market research while fielding competitive intelligence activities to appropriate stakeholders.
This role will shape SHRMs marketing communications strategy and drive the activation of values and needs based segmentation. The Vice President will act as the key agency lead with Agency of Record (AOR) to ensure that SHRMs marketing strategy and objectives are aligned with agency engagement.
As the day-to-day agency lead, the position will work closely with AOR and will play a key role in helping to identify opportunities for marketing innovation, providing recommendations and guidance, reinforced by proven experience, best practices and customer insights. Additionally, this role is accountable for driving segmentation activation, the roll-out externally with agency and internally with SHRM stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support CMO in the development of an overarching SHRM marketing plan outlining marketing strategy across segments and product marketing plans.
• Partner with AOR to share and implement best practices within SHRM marketing. Drive the segmentation activation within marketing and across the wider organization. Apply agile marketing best practices with the ability to apply learnings from segmentation back into business, i.e., message & offer strategy, product opportunities.
• Onboard AOR with focus on driving efficiency and leveraging the scale and reach of SHRM into the HR profession through direct and digital marketing.
• Work closely with Marketing Technology & Analytics to ensure that engagement by personas/segments are measured and reported on with insights shared across organization and with AOR
• Direct market research agenda in support of organizational needs and BoP initiatives. Manage brand scorecard, TMSI along with the monitoring and reporting of competitive/marketing insights to key stakeholders and organization-wide as appropriate.
• Provide strategic direction in the development of key communications/messages by segment as identified by values and needs study.
• Create a hierarchical messaging framework at a segment and product level that supports SHRMs overarching value proposition.
• Share communications strategies with key stakeholders (i.e., member care, editorial, product marketing, etc…) to support segment-based messaging across the organization.
• Serve as a compelling leader, spearheading the marketing strategy and collaborating key stakeholders and subject matter experts to articulate SHRMs value proposition via marketing programs and campaigns.
• Craft insightful strategy/creative briefs, gathering research, intelligence, and segment related knowledge, and mapping the learnings to the needs of members/non-members.
• Lead, coach, and develop the SHRM communication and agency engagement team.
• Establish a complete understanding of SHRMs core capabilities and business objectives, and awareness of opportunities that will enable marketing to be forward thinking and help to lead and inspire the HR professional on their career journey.
Director, Market Research
Senior Specialist, Marketing (MarCom)
Specialist, Agency Traffic
• Significant experience marketing strategy and segmentation activation within a marketing agency or consumer oriented brand.
• Superior written and verbal communications skills. Particular emphasis on writing short form communications, creative copy, content as well as proofreading skills.
• Proven experience with outbound marketing campaigns and activities such as collateral, programs designed to create brand awareness and demand for products/services.
• Ability to gain trust and credibility at the executive level, across peers and key stakeholder, to gain support for new ideas, approach, and change.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and management skills.
• Ability to drive change in business practices and behaviors in organizations.
• Ability to direct, delegate, and contribute individually as required.
• Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to assume a high level of individual responsibility.
• Must be highly organized to manage multiple simultaneous projects, programs, and deliverables.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field, or equivalent experience with extensive practical marketing and agency experience preferred; Advanced degree in a business or marketing-related discipline is preferred.
Minimum 15 years marketing strategy, communications, competitive intelligence, market research and agency-related experience.
Experience in marketing strategy, segment marketing, product marketing, competitive intelligence, market research, digital and direct marketing, marketing communications and marketing mix optimization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply: www.shrm.jobs
Relocation assistance provided.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
About Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit us at shrm.org.