Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Market Making and Quoting team is part of the Institutional Corporate Technology department, and is tasked with building first class automated trading systems, servicing key stakeholders in the Equity and Derivatives business Areas.
Asset classes priced and traded include stocks, ETF's, baskets, swaps, structured exotic products, OTC's, listed options and futures. Our clients base span many different trading desks across the main trading locations (London, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo,).
As a group we strive to enhance the technological stack and offering for these business areas, and collaborate very tightly with other tech teams and strategists/quants as well as Sales and Trading staff to achieve deliveries in a truly commercial fashion.
- You will be responsible for the design of an adequate tick plant and associate access points/API for the various consumers, from quants, backtesting systems, to algo trading systems
- Leading a team of developers and be responsible for key business deliverables
- Improve the system constantly to achieve stability and scale
- You will design and consult on q queries to achieve analytics objectives of the various clients
- You will partner with the automated trading platform developers and quants to deliver a commercial platform, where reactivity will be key
- Strong experience in designing/building/maintaining KDB
- Team leadership experience
- Strong q language to implement trading strategies
- Exposure to Java or C++
- Exposure to Python and SQL
- Exposure to Equity Trading business domain
- Understanding of Equity Derivatives Products and basic pricing theory would be an advantage
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI- KT1