The Website Content Administrator works full-time to create and maintain the core content of the GTCC website. The person should exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in setting priorities and carrying out all assignments with guidance provided. It is the responsibility of this person to ensure that all areas of the website are up-to-date and accurate. It is further expected that the person in this position will communicate with members of the staff, faculty and administration to prioritize site content and gather pertinent information for posting online. Further duties include assisting and educating other members of the campus community in developing and expanding their own pages so that college-wide information presented on the Internet is cohesive, incorporates a high standard of quality and is in accordance with the college mission. This multi-dimensional position has elements of graphic design, database management and web design responsibilities.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a web development or graphic design program.
· Degree in other field will be considered with comparable work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Minimum of five years applicable experience preferred
· WordPress experience is required
· Cross-platform experience with Mac and PC’s and ability to ensure operational readiness, presence of appropriate software, file back-up, etc.
· Expertise in all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
· Expertise in all Adobe products (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro
· Experience working with Open-source content management systems is preferred
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.