Sells Terminix products and services to owners or agents of homes, stores or industries. Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests. . Prepares proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts. Assists in the collection of payments and scheduling of services.
Sells Terminix products and services to owners or agents of homes, stores, or industry.
2. Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests.
3. Prepares proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
4. Covers sales leads in assigned territory and develops sales leads creatively for each lead furnished.
5. Records accurate measurements and writes correct descriptions of property inspected.
6. Prepares appropriate specifications and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations and company policy.
7. Computes job-treating cost from company pricing instructions.
8. Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sale.
9. Manages collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts.
10. Advises customers about other Terminix products and services.
11. Deals courteously with customers, leaving customer's premises and furnishings clean and as found.
12. Contacts customers after service is performed to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop additional prospects.
13. Reports unusual requests from customers or questions not immediately answerable to direct supervisor.
14. Maintains prospect files, call-back files and activity records.
15. Maintains equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in clean, working order.
16. Examines architectural drawings and specifications; prepares estimates for soil pre-treatment bids.
17. Completes appropriate training courses as assigned.
18. Aware of location and telephone number of local poison control centers.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required
Three or more months related experience and/or training in sales and dealing with the public; or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Maintains knowledge of pests and chemicals used in treatment
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Ability to write correspondence
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Skill in creating sales leads and cross-selling company products and services
Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company policy
Maintains relevant licenses as required by federal, state or local regulations for termite/pest control and any other TMX products and services
Maintains a valid driver's license
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
At Terminix®, our people bring tremendous pride and integrity to everything we do. In turn, we provide a working environment where these skilled professionals can achieve true satisfaction in their own lives.
We are proud to offer our exceptional associates competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and outstanding opportunities for professional development. If you're committed to providi...ng the highest level of customer service, we have an ideal opportunity for you. In this position, you will apply company product to customers’ structures according to schedule and as needed based on service requests.
At Terminix, people come for a job and stay for a career. As a Terminix associate, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for the professional growth and respect that comes from working for an industry leader. Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We perform criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks and drug screening.