Director, Applications and Project Management Information Technology Services (its.ucsc.edu)
JOB #: 1707193
Full Time, Career Starting Salary Range: $150,000-$170,000/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involved in the development of server / OS / desktop / mobile applications and services including researching, designing, developing specifications for designing, writing, modifying, testing, debugging, troubleshooting and maintaining source code. Also having direct or related involvement in designing related databases, user interfaces, integration to other systems / applications, content or multimedia processes. Work includes analysis and design to post-production processes, quality assurance, maintenance and documentation.
Responsible for managing and directing the Applications and Project Management department in ITS. Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes decisions on applications programming and project management matters and ensures achievement of objectives. Reviews and approves recommendations for operational planning and control.
UC Santa Cruz seeks applications and nominations for the Director of Applications and Project Management. This senior management position has responsibility for campus enterprise, divisional and departmental applications and the ITS Project Management Office. These services are delivered by a professional staff of approximately sixty-five.
This exciting leadership position will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to participate in the development of technical and operational strategy, contribute to the campus wide vision for information technology, lead a group of high performing managers, and play a major role in the adoption and integration of new technologies to support teaching and learning, research and scholarship, administrative operations, and student life.
Working at UC Santa Cruz will put you in the center of a world-class hub of teaching and research, in a setting of incredible natural beauty, with a team of dedicated, professional colleagues. Information Technology Services (ITS) at UC Santa Cruz offers the campus a wide range of systems and services that support the research university mission.
- We are a group of enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results. - We value a workplace where individuals know that they can truly make a difference. - We value people who care about each other, the quality of our services, and the satisfaction of our customers.
Come and work with us! We're looking for a bright and energetic leader who wants to make a difference.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Advanced knowledge of applications programming and related areas of IT, organizational effectiveness and health and safety (ergonomics, stress).
• Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across multiple organizations across division, college or institutional boundaries.
• Critical thinking, persuasion/negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring and staff development, leadership/management, problem solving, and human resource policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation of complex applications programming management/business information, quantitative abilities, analyzing technical applications programming systems skills.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 06/15/2017
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite 100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.