The Associate Professor is a member of the ranked faculty with a high academic rank who has demonstrated a sustained record of effectiveness in teaching, research including scholarly publications, and service appropriate to the discipline. The Associate Professor’s teaching responsibilities are assigned by the academic department head which may include serving as an academic advisor. The Associate Professor engages in scholarly activities beyond those associated with teaching and is expected to demonstrate professional productivity in research, based upon the availability of resources and consistent with the mission of the University.
Description of Primary Duties:
- Engage iin high-quality teaching and research in one or more of the following areas is required—Database, Cybersecurity, Programming/Software Development, Web Application Development, Mobile Application Development, Networking/IT Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, or Enterprise IT Architecture. Teaching will include graduate and undergraduate courses, in both online and face-to-face settings.
-Engagement with the Department's student organization and facilitating a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Engage in service to the Department, College, and University.
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
The minimum acceptable qualifications for the position of Associate Professor are prescribed in the Faculty Handbook. Positions associated with this position classification may be located in facilities requiring the position to be designated "sensitive" as defined by University policy. Positions associated with this position classification may include job duties, responsibilities, or activities that are subject to export control regulations. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- An earned Ph.D. or D.B.A. from an AACSB or ABET accredited institution in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a closely related field at the time of appointment.
- Evidence of the potential for high quality teaching and research in one or more of the following areas is also required—Database, Cybersecurity, Programming/Software Development, Web Application Development, Mobile Application Development, Networking/IT Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, or Enterprise IT Architecture.
Missouri State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, persons from underrepresented ethnic and racial groups, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First date of consideration will be July 1, 2017. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Management and Information Technology is recruiting for five positions and is recruiting at the Instructor, Assistant and Associate Professor rank. Positions may be filled at the same rank.
The Instructor position can be found at http://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/34192
The Assistant Professor position can be found at http://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/34147
Do you value every voice and every opinion?
Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?
Are you ready to make a difference?
If so, Missouri State has a place for you
Missouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural... competence and community engagement.
• Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.
• Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian,
• Students’ average ACT score above national average
• Strong commitment to both teaching and research
• More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options
• Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.
Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a commitment to public affairs.
With a campus community filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.
We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.
We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.
When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.