For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University and University of Idaho.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Student Success Advisor to join our growing North American team in Moscow, Idaho.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0517UOISSA in the subject line of your email.
The Student Success Advisor will assist the Student Success Manager to efficiently and effectively coordinate student support services and events in areas of, but not limited to, student academic and acculturation programs and services with a goal of enhancing student satisfaction, retention and success. The role incorporates responsibilities for promoting good relations with staff, recruitment representatives, institutions, and students.
Maintain strong and positive relationships within university units pertaining to academic advising, international student services, academic support;
Provision of advice to students relating to programs/courses, academic policies and procedures, program progression, miscellaneous study, transition to University and other student academic matters;
Contribute to strategies and projects to support student retention;
Assistance with the implementation of support services such as academic writing, individual or group tutoring and study, language enhancement, establish student academic support networks, enhancing student self-advocacy;
Assist with student education plans and other academic follow-up;
Provide support for students with disabilities;
Maintain Navitas manuals, such as student/instructor handbooks to ensure best practices.
Ensure up-to-date records in Student Management System (database);
Coordinate semesterly academic student satisfaction surveys and associated analyses to assist with strategic direction of future retention activities;
Liaise with other pathway programs to facilitate continuous improvement of retention and academic programs, as appropriate;
Promote good relations with staff, recruiters, institutions and students;
Other duties as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 1-3 experience in academic advisement/retention programs within an international or similar setting;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters;
• Knowledge in the provision of exceptional customer service;
• Strong work ethic and integrity;
• Commitment to quality assurance in teaching and learning;
• Experience in working collaboratively in a team setting as well as independently;
• High interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to consult, counsel and liaise with a wide range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds;
• Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, internet and intranet technologies, and email;
• Flexibility to perform duties day, evening and weekends;
• Legal right to work in the USA;
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience in student services within a higher education setting;
• Experience in a multicultural environment;
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills.
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and/or a Multi-State Sex Offender Registry review.
Navitas accelerates the internationalization of university campuses, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences and bringing global perspectives to the university community. Navitas’ proven partnership model delivers expertise, capital and a track record in international education that gives universities the freedom to reinvest their time, ...money and personnel into capacity building and innovation. By expanding diversity and global connections across college campuses, Navitas fuels universities’ efforts towards sustainable growth while delivering a superior student experience. Navitas currently partners with 8 universities in North America in our Global Student Success Program.