UCSB Identity and Access Management services are a critical element of the Enterprise IT architecture, where business processes, organizations, and technologies are utilized to safeguard and maintain integrity and privacy of University assets.
The Senior IT Engineer facilitates the design of solutions that have the potential of affecting campus wide systems in any of the following areas:
• Password Management
• User provisioning
• System integration for authentication and authorization purposes
• Modeling and mapping of enterprise assets
• Administration and delegation of rights
Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities related to the design, development, and implementation of IAM information systems and software applications as assigned by the Director of Software Engineering Architecture & LifeCycle (SEAL). Plays a key role as a hands on technical leader in building Software products and features from the ground up. Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development.
Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. Applies proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Additional duties will include technical service design, development, operation, on-call support and customer consultation. As a member of the IAM team, the incumbent: Provides senior leadership, management, and administration of IAM concerns at the University; creates and manages IAM documentation; plans and coordinates testing changes, upgrades and new services related to IAM in current systems; responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis; interfaces with customers to create moderately complex IT security architecture, analysis and engineering solutions to translate user requirements to solutions; facilitates projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing products, procedures and/or workflows needs associated with information Security.
Reporting to the director of Software Engineering Architecture & LifeCycle (SEAL), receives assignments in the form of broad organizational objectives. Fulfills present and future blue print of IAM products and services that IAM Lead develops. This highly technical leadership role will develop solutions that meet current needs, yet is capable of adopting future desire as projected by the IAM lead and SEAL director.
Critical skills/qualities to the success of this position include:
• Hands on Software Development experience to include but not limited to Server and Client (Web) technologies
• Excellent communication skills to explain technical matters to junior/senior engineers, non-technical managers and leaders
• A passion for Software Engineering
• Serves as the senior Software Engineer facilitating IAM software development, management and maintenance
• Supports COTS products (currently Sun Waveset in near future PING Identity)
• Serves as the top database specialist that IAM systems currently manages, develops and maintains
• Generates delivery documentation such as technical requirement catalogs, Visio diagrams, and technical strategy presentations
• Works closely with project management team and line executives to identify key IAM technical requirements, prioritize requirements, catalog requirements, and assign them to project use cases and sprints.
Notes: Fingerprint background check required. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship currently or in the future.
Salary: $87,600 - $119,200/year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For primary consideration apply by 6/6/17, thereafter open until filled.
APPLY ONLINE at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
• Technology Stack: Extensive programming experiences in Java 8 (10 years minimum)
• Proven experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale Java/J2EE projects, utilizing best design patterns, tooling and coding practices.
• Spring framework; Spring Boot; Spring web services - proficient, 7+ years
• Experience with Windows/Linux including Powershell, Python, or other scripting integration languages.
• Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• SQL: MySQL, MS SQL Server;
• Security: SSO, oAuth protocols; CORS, CSRF.
• Expert knowledge of applications and programming functions with professional experiences in recent years.
• In the areas of IAM space, broad/deep technology knowledge and the ability to develop a solution by mapping a customer's business problem to an end-to-end technology solution
• 10+ years' experience in integrating security and IAM products with common identity stores (LDAP, relational databases, application servers, virtual directory servers, and physical access management systems.)
• Knowledge of AWS, ADFS, Azure AD and Cloud based authentication including MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology with a deep understanding of Information Security
• A minimum of 7 years' experience with architecture, design and implementation of IAM solutions