This position provides administrative and operational support to the Human Resources Office with primary focus on employee engagement and wellness. Acts as the Human Resources contact to employees, vendors and visitors providing accurate information and referral.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of Wellness initiatives as part of the Whole You initiative. Develops and disseminates outreach materials, and coordinates events. Generate new ideas, coordinate programs (weight watchers, mindfulness sessions, smoking cessation, Walking Challenge, etc.) field employees questions. Coordinate Biometric Fairs and track incentive programs.
2. Serves as an onboarding member of the HR team. May coordinate and conduct benefit orientations for faculty, staff and union. Act as a resource for our new community members.
3. Supports our employee engagement initiatives, including a pilot employee recognition program, service award and retirement celebrations.
4. In partnership with the AVP, supports the leadership development program nomination process and logistics around the year long program for emerging leaders.
5. Responsible for maintenance of the compliance calendars for health and welfare and retirement. Brings approaching deadlines to the attention of the Associate Director of Benefits and Compensation and Assistant Director of Benefits. Prepares materials and see that they are distributed either by e-mail or paper mail as appropriate.
6. Assists in coordinating the annual Benefits Fair and Open Enrollment. Organizes various benefits programs throughout the year.
7. Administer Tuition Reimbursement plan, the Tuition Remission Program and the Tuition Grant. Ensure eligibility in each program, check that documentation is appropriately completed, calculate benefit due, process payment requests and respond to any questions from staff or other institutions involved.
8 Maintains updated benefits materials as needed and tracks quantity of supplies.
9. As a member of the Front Office team provides office support as necessary. The Front Office HR Team is often the initial contact with the HR office for both employees and visitors. The members of the front office team work together guided by the HR Office operating principles to ensure that employees are greeted and provided with accurate information.
10. Actively provided input and participates in departmental projects and initiatives.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience. • 1-2+ years’ administrative experience in Human Resources/Benefits. Previous experience processing onboarding information, including I9 processing required • Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. • Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. • Knowledge of employee database systems. • Excellent attention to detail. • Capacity to handle confidential data with discretion and sensitivity.
Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. But most of all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world for over 100 years?women who are committed to making a difference. Every year, some 2,400 of the world?s top undergraduate women are ch...allenged to exceed their own highest personal and intellectual expectations. The mastery Wellesley graduates demonstrate across the professional and vocational spectrum, and the influence they wield?whether in their own communities or on the world stage?is testament to a singularly empowering undergraduate experience. Wellesley?s lively academic community places a high value on rigorous, probing inquiry, and creative, cross-discipline thinking. Its collaborative approach to scholarship encourages students to question, debate, and refine their points of view, not only with each other, but with our world-class faculty?often by working directly with them on groundbreaking projects. A Wellesley education fosters the highest standard of readiness for the ?real world? in its graduates, in terms of ability to think, act, and contribute meaningfully and effectively in their chosen areas of interest.