The Center for Health and the Global Environment (CHGE) at the Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health is a pioneer in developing the worldview that human health is linked to the health of the environment. The Center combines academic research with innovative tools and educational materials and unites the skills and expertise of many disciplines to improve people's health across the globe. CHGE is a home for innovative researchers and educators who explore how to create environments that promote health. CHGE accelerates change by engaging all sectors of society through corporate partners, innovative research, and educational programs offered in collaborations with thought leaders throughout the world.
The Director of the CHGE is Jack Spengler, Akira Yamaguchi Professor of Environmental Health and Human Habitation, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. This position reports to Tracy Sachs, Administrative Director. The Center is part of the Department of Environmental Health.
The Financial Coordinator is part of the core staff at the Center for Health and the Global Environment and is critical to the day-to-day operations at CHGE. The candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently in high-volume situations. Reporting directly to the Administrative Director, this position will coordinate all aspects of accounts payable, assist in the financial management of programs and projects, support general office financial management.
Specifically, these duties include:
- Accounts Payable: Vendor setup, payment requests, purchasing and corporate card review, concur reimbursements, non-employee reimbursements, and other related tasks as necessary.
- Financial Management: Prepare budget reconciliations, manage spreadsheets, review proposal budgets, and perform other related tasks as necessary.
- Fund Allocation: Assist Administrative Director in creating and monitoring salary plans for all people paid by CHGE; specifically, confirm salary postings to correct funds, prepare WASABI journals and data changes if necessary, review discrepancies with Administrative Director, liase with other departments on salaries that include non-Center funds and non-Center salaries that include Center Funds.
- Post-Award Management: Liase with Office of Sponsored Programs Administration on sponsored award invoicing and financial reporting.
-Financial Analysis and Reporting: Provide weekly reports on sponsored, gift and unrestricted undesignated account balances and trouble-shoot as required.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 3+ years of related experience: a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelors degree is preferred. - Attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to interact with diverse range of faculty, students and staff.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.