Responsible for optimizing the daily flow of material through Receiving, Picking, Packing, Quality Control, Inventory Control and Shipping. Will work in a cooperative effort with other Coordinators in providing the necessary assistance to Supervisors and Associates to achieve daily requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing and directing material flow and labor resources throughout functional areas on a daily basis.
- May train as a forklift equipment operator. Follow all forklift operating procedures and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of functional areas that they will be responsible for including but not limited to (Pick, Pack, Quality Control, Shipping, Inventory Control and Receiving).
- Daily responsibility for communications with internal and external customers, i.e. suppliers, customers, other RA locations, truck drivers.
- Respond to (or direct to the appropriate party) all operational questions and problems raised by Associates.
- Responsible for tracking and recording of appropriate metrics for the functional areas of the DC.
- May be responsible for conducting start-up meeting for overtime, as a back-up to the supervisor.
- Maintain relevant databases and handle part slotting.
- Assist in daily associate operations (picking, packing, etc.) on an as needed basis.
- Perform special projects as assigned by supervision, i.e. (ISO coordination (Champaign location specific), PSR's, customer surveys, etc.)
- Provide maintenance for all hardware in the DC areas, i.e. printers, RDT's, etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of all support equipment (RDT's computer access, power trucks, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Responsible for distribution center housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for utilizing proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Must participate in and accomplish yearly objectives for personal and department improvement.
- Participate in ISO training (Champaign location specific), and all company and department policies and procedures.
- Provide role model for associates by demonstrating professionalism in following all procedures and policies.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing, and correcting problems within team and DC.
- Maintain effective communications with all DC teams and management.
- May train new team members.
- Responsible for daily communications with internal team members.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments, DC teams and management.
- Cross train in functional areas to provide support across all shifts in each area. May involve working various shifts to assure coverage on consistent basis.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse and/or distribution center preferred.
- Interacts well with the global team members and is a team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with computer hardware, Excel, Microsoft Office or comparable software preferable.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Experience with warehouse management system preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Associate Degree in a technical field or 1 year completed college coursework.
Key Competency Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
This position may have limited travel to U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
Champaign - Illinois
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.