Research, Education, and Outreach Librarian/Liaison to the School of Nursing - (170000X3)
The Research, Education, andOutreach (REO) Librarian/Liaison to the School of Nursing is a member of theliaison program advancing the Library's efforts to anticipate and fulfill itsresearch support, instruction, and outreach missions. The Library serves the schools of dentistry,medicine, nursing, pharmacy, social work, and the graduate school. The person in this position is a co-liaisonto the University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON). The UMSON is the largest nursing school inMaryland and offers nationally ranked programs at the Bachelor's, Master's andDoctoral level. The school excels inresearch, collaborating on interdisciplinary teams throughout the universityand nationally.
The successful candidate for thisposition will provide students, faculty, and staff with expertise andleadership in the areas of research support, information literacy, scholarlycommunication, and health informatics. S/he will collaborate with colleagues within the seven-member REOdepartment and throughout the HS/HSL to develop and deliver innovative programsand services. S/he advancesinstitutional and School priorities, facilitates community engagement, andpursues relevant professional and scholarly activities.
This is a permanentstatus-eligible full-time, non-tenure track faculty position at a rank ofLibrarian I or II. This position reportsto the Head of the Research, Education and Outreach Services. Librarians areexpected to progress successfully along the promotion and permanent statustrack and participate fully as members of the library's faculty. For more information see the University's"Criteria and Procedures Relating to the Appointment, Promotion and PermanentStatus for Library Faculty": http://cf.umaryland.edu/umpolicies/usmpolicyInfo.cfm?polid=19§ion=all
The successful candidate:
- Cultivatesand sustains vital connections between the School of Nursing and the Library. Buildscollaborative relationships with nursing students and faculty and advocates fortheir research and learning needs.
- Deliversdynamic instruction and expert research consultations to faculty and students,emphasizing searching skills, finding quality evidence, critical appraisal of resources,and information management.
- Designsand delivers research and information management workshops, in person andvirtually.
- Works with other members of the Research, Education and Outreachdepartment to develop a strong, cohesive team; collaborates with Librarycolleagues to develop and deliver innovative programs and services in the areasof expert searching/systematic reviews, research impact, scholarlycommunication, data management, and more.
- Collaborates withfaculty to conduct systematic reviews.
- Assesses theresearch impact of scholarship to support faculty promotion, tenure, and grantapplications.
- Appliesinnovative technologies to advance teaching and learning, communication,collaboration, and information management.
- Participatesactively in committees within the School of Nursing, the Library, the University,and professional organizations.
- Continuously evaluates emerging research, program development, and curricular trends within the fields of nursing and academic health sciences librarianship.
- Engages faculty, staff, and students in sustainable outreach projects with a health information or health literacy component.
- Pursues research and professional development activities appropriate to maintaining or advancing appointment rank.
Applicationmaterials must include a CV/resume; cover letter; 3 references including names,addresses, and phone numbers; and a separate signed/dated affidavit page(stating "I verify that my CV is current and accurate" - does not need to benotarized). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled,but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by June 9, 2017.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $52,000 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Generousbenefits include choice of retirement, medical, and dental plans; 22 days ofannual leave; 15 days of sick leave; 3 personal days and 14 holidays. Regularemployees, as well as their spouses and dependent children, may receive tuitionremission for most programs at many campuses of the University System ofMaryland.
TheUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus is located in downtownBaltimore, blocks from Orioles Park at Camden Yards, Raven's Stadium, and theInner Harbor, a recreational waterfront destination. Forty-five miles north ofWashington DC, Baltimore City and the surrounding metropolitan area are notedfor high quality-of-life indicators offering historic parks, greatneighborhoods, and world-famous art collections, museums, theaters, andsymphony orchestras. The city has easy access to public transportation systems,superior health care systems, and renowned university and educationalresources.
The HS/HSL isone of the largest health sciences libraries in the United States with atrack-record of user-centered innovative services and programs. Fifty-five FTE employees including 25 facultylibrarians staff the library. Ourattractive and vibrant facility, which opened in 1998, serves as a hub forcollaboration and learning with resources, programs and tools that promotediscovery, creativity, and innovation. The HS/HSL has 45 group study rooms, three computer classrooms, anInnovation Space, a presentation and production studio, an art gallery, andmultiple technology-enhanced meeting spaces. Through the HS/HSL's website (www.hshsl.umaryland.edu,) the UMB community has access to a fullrange of resources and services. TheHS/HSL serves the schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, socialwork, and the graduate school. TheHS/HSL also serves as the headquarters for the National Network of Libraries ofMedicine's Southeastern/Atlantic Region.
TheLibrary supports the 6300 students, and over 7500 faculty and staff members onUMB's 60-acre research and technology complex consisting of 58 buildingsincluding the University of Maryland BioPark, the University of MarylandMedical Center, and the VA Hospital. UMB's professional and graduate schoolscomprise a dental school, graduate school, and schools of law, medicine,nursing, pharmacy, public health and social work. More details about the UMBcan be found at http://www.umaryland.edu/.
- ALA-accreditedMLS degree.
- Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstratedstrong service orientation and skills.
- Expert searchingskills in health sciences databases.
- Demonstratedability to deliver quality instruction online and in person.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently andto prioritize varied projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively ina team environment.
- An undergraduatedegree or comparable background in biological or health sciences.
- Public serviceexperience in an academic or health sciences library environment.
- Experienceproviding instruction to a range of audiences, including faculty, students, andclinicians.
- Evidence ofprofessional and scholarly activities.
: Hlth Science & Human Srvcs Lib
: May 19, 2017