General DescriptionThis position is responsible for installing, supporting and upgrading all enterprise applications implemented by Facilities and Real Estate. This position will also support web site infrastructure and content, provide training, create reports, test and implement enterprise application enhancements.
The Programmer Analyst will interact with clients to provide training, support and guidance on the effective use of enterprise applications and affiliated mobile devices. The clients are Facilities and Real Estate staff members, which exceeds 200 individuals, located at both the Keswick and Homewood campuses. This position will provide testing and documentation, conduct system audits, implement applications, enterprise software installations on virtual servers with quality assurance. All projects and tasks will be assigned by the Manager, Information Systems and performed independently or in collaboration with vendors, consultants or software developers.
The Programmer Analyst will provide support for all Facilities and Real Estate applications, including: computerized maintenance, campus space management, geographic information system, planning, design and construction system, document management and collaboration system, mobile hardware (tablets) and affiliated software. These systems are used by all members of the organization and impact the daily activities involved in building, renovating, cleaning and maintaining all the campus locations at Johns Hopkins University. The Programmer Analyst will also work toward automating and integrating our enterprise systems to provide strategic reporting that will enable data-driven decision making by the Facilities and Real Estate leadership.
The Programmer Analyst will provide support for more than 200 users, 20 servers, 120 PCs, 80 mobile tables, 5 enterprise applications, 20 desktop level applications, 10,000 maintenance transactions per month, across all campus locations in the Baltimore - Washington DC area, supporting integrations with SAP to our maintenance and construction project management systems.
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
- Define moderately complex business/facilities/education problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes.
- Provide written documentation of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
- Gather moderately complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develop detailed tasks and project plans by analyzing project scope and milestones for moderately complex projects in order to ensure product is delivered in a timely fashion according to software lifecycle standards.
- Write functional/technical specifications by taking the provided moderately complex system requirements and putting them into functional and technical descriptions for use by programmers and business analysts to develop technical solutions.
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for moderately complex application development tasks.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledgebase system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve support.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Create and document moderately complex test scenarios using the appropriate testing tools to validate and verify application functionality.
- Test all changes by using the appropriate moderately complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handling in a meaningful way.
- Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end-user references.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
- Monitor changes and resolve moderately complex problems by responding as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
- Provide support by triaging and resolving moderately complex issues to ensure prompt, effective service.
The Programmer Analyst will also perform the following tasks/duties:
- Hardware Support: Device management, Inventory, Orders and upgrades, Remote Access management
- User Support: Access management for all applications, databases, servers and shared drives, document management, provide formal and ad-hoc user training
- Communication: Website administration and development for Facilities and Real Estate Transportation Services, website content author, develop training documents and content, billing support for Maximo and Phoenix applications, business process analysis and documentation, Information requests and ad-hoc reporting, serve on departmental committees
- Operations:Business process engineering, report and query - development, creation and distribution.
- Data analysis and recommendations, dashboard and KPI development and analysis, asset management, preventive maintenance development and administration