Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions and Training
The George Mason University Office of Admissions seeks an enthusiastic, talented Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions and Training. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for understanding the graduate application system and processes. The objective is to help the Office of Graduate Admissions to reach its application processing and customer service goals through the most effective use of admissions technology. The incumbent provides feedback on such things as how the system is being used, what the issues are, and what the training will be for new users, as well as providing that training to Admissions staff and Graduate Admissions Liaisons. They will be responsible managing the graduate customer relationship management (CRM) and application in conjunction with the Admissions Tech team, as well as the other technical teams around campus who may work with Admissions.
- Work with the Director and the Graduate Admissions team on systems needed for graduate application processing;
- Coordinate with the Admissions Technology Team to address application or user issues;
- Train users on how to use admissions software and processes, including but not limited to: Hobsons Radius, business intelligence tools, and Ellucian Banner;
- Prepare training materials and system documentation intended for user audiences, and conduct training sessions and workshops;
- Act as a superuser of admissions software, learning all aspects of the programs from a user's perspective;
- Attend admissions office-sponsored programs and events;
- Provide collaborative problem-solving using excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Hands-on team member with the staff within Admissions and Mason.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
- Quick learner of software and able to participate in creating business procedures that support university and department mission;
- Strong functional experience with relational databases as an advanced front-end user;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with extreme attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity with willingness to accept and give feedback;
- Flexibility to adapt to challenging work situations and varied styles;
- Ability to identify, understand, and translate user needs from admissions software to the operational and vice versa;
- Proficient writing skills for producing procedural documentation for various user-comfort or access levels;
- Capable of translating learned procedures to help teach and train staff members;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to independently prioritize in a fast-paced, high-volume office;
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and management skills related to the management of both a CRM and online application;
- Significant demonstrated experience administering training to individuals and groups; and
- Significant experience documenting processes and procedures, and creating training materials.
- Demonstrated management experience with focus on project management; and
- Experience with Ellucian Banner administrative system.
Salary: Mid-$40,000s; commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02657z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.