Position: Temporary Full-time Program Assistant
Hours: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week/ 8:00am-5:00pm / M-F)
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Approximate start date: ASAP
Approximate end date: TBD
Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Full-time Program Assistant for the Chicago campus.
Temporary Job Description:
The temporary Program Assistant position provides standard and routine clerical and administrative support, which will include the following:
• iBuyNU order processing
• Non catalog order processing
• Paying invoices
• Expense report policy exception requests
• Tax-exempt form completion
• Maintain derm-purchasing email account
• Maintain request tracker
• Maintains office supplies
• Complete lab/building maintenance requests
• IT maintenance requests
• Manage department calendar and department contacts list
• Serve as primary point of contact for on-boarding new hires.
• Key-card & Wildcard access request
• New employee key request
• Obtain new/renewal of Wildcard
• Paying contracted services
• Vendor additions/modifications
• Proxy access for expense reports
• Employee reimbursements/Expense reports
• Visitor reimbursements
• Website maintenance
• Cash/check deposits
• P-card reconciliations
• Parking pass orders
• Security access forms processing
• Coordinating SDRC meetings
• Maintaining SDRC publications
• Coordinating faculty recruitment
• Coordinating event planning
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 2 years of administrative support experience is required.
• Work autonomously
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to compare written information and identify missing or non-matching data
• Ability to review documents and update database for extended periods of time
• Skilled in accurately entering and correcting data in on-line database system and spreadsheets
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Able to identify issues and suggest solutions
• Strong problem solver, able to utilize available sources to research into and discover needed data
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, keeping supervisor apprised of work and volume
• Excellent interpersonal skills, works well as a team player
• Proactively handles work assignments and seeks out next assignment as current assignment tasks are nearing completion
• Aptitude in quickly learning new database system and electronic tools for data updating
• Possess superior organizational, communication, and customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and creative problem-solvers.
• A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Previous office or clerical experience highly desired
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced atmosphere is also highly desired
• Must be flexible and have a positive disposition while working in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of NUFinancials, Cascade and other Northwestern specific systems
• Experience with web design and website management
• Computer proficiency required
• MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Date Posted: 5/19/2017
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.