Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST2255
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers School of Health Professions (SHP) is seeking a Programmer Analyst (Web Applications Development) for the Office of Technology and Facilities Management. The Programmer Analyst performs analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging and implementation, including documentations, of programs and applications to solve medium to complex web applications development projects. Implements and supports web-based technologies and applications to enhance learning and communications among SHP’s students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with the web support and applications development team to develop web enabled applications to enhance business processes and communications in SHP.
- Help ensure SHP sites are user-friendly and professional; develops templates and other elements using Dreamweaver, CSS, AJAX, and other progressive web authoring technologies that enhance learning and further SHP's Mission, including compatibility to mobile devices.
- Performs database modeling, analysis, and design for web-enabled database applications; writes and modifies various web and database related scripts.
- Creates and maintains HTML pages, templates, and stylesheets for the school internet and intranet sites.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively articulate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing, to people in non-technical positions.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
- Knowledge and experience in PHP programming and server-side scripting will be preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of all popular browser versions, including cross-platform, cross-browser, and handheld issues.
- Fluent in CSS and standards-based X/HTML.
- Familiar with developing and supporting applications with dynamic, server-side scripting languages and databases, such as PHP, ColdFusion, MSSQL and MySQL. Aware of Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Proficient in Dreamweaver, Photoshop and other Adobe Applications Suite.
- Familiar with web course management systems.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituencies, juggle multiple projects and perform on multiple teams, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing, to people in non-technical positions.
- High degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment to excellence in customer satisfaction and service quality.
Department: SHP-Dean's Office Technical Prepar
- Some travel between SHP campuses may be required.