| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Procurement is responsible for obtaining all goods and services necessary for the effective operation of the Center and all its sites. Our mission is to provide responsive and efficient procurement services to support MSKCC’s programs of patient care, research, and education. We seek continuous improvement of the procurement process through competitive business strategies, human resources/talent and advanced technologies.
- Negotiate purchases and quotes from suppliers for all products and services used by MSKCC departments
- Assist Buyers and Senior Buyers with fact finding, sourcing, expediting, and problem solving
- Proactively engage in discussions to improve service and processes for the stakeholders and Procurement
- Collect and analyze data to assist with the preparation of business review, reports or bid analysis
- Comfortable using quantitative techniques and are an analytical / critical thinker
- Customer Focused, building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Collaborative and a true team player
- An effective communicator
- Well versed in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
You will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1year of work experience in an office setting
- Knowledge of Facilities environments a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.