| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As an integral part of the Clinical Research Education and Outreach team within Clinical Research Administration (CRA), the Clinical Research Communications and Outreach Specialist plays a central role in developing and implementing strategies for promoting and communicating CR content throughout the institution. The Clinical Research Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible for developing a robust internal communications program to raise awareness and understanding of MSK’s clinical research imperatives and priorities, values, and projects. He/she will work collaboratively with CRA leadership providing expertise and counsel on internal communications opportunities and issues. Using a range of communications strategies and approaches, including digital, social, video, and other creative communications tools and techniques, the Clinical Research Communications and Outreach Specialist will identify and oversee internal communications clinical research projects on behalf of CRA-wide initiatives as well as more targeted departmental programs and projects.
- Communications Management
- Clinical Research (CR) Portal Administration/Maintenance
- Evaluation and Analysis
- Education and Training Support
- Special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong verbal communication & listening skills: ability to develop, facilitate, and orchestrate effective communication with all members of MSK; responsible for writing/preparing/presenting clinical research concepts, procedures, and processes. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Information Management Skills: ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information to employees, management and clinical staff, as well as appropriate external contacts. Skills in using Microsoft SharePoint features and functions including but not limited to: site creation, content organization, tagging, and the use of metadata.
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills: the ability to develop, analyze and draw conclusions from data; generate reports, graphical outcomes and presentation materials on data. Ability to interpret complex data for special projects, also required.
- Time Management Skills: the ability to set priorities among several tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines. Necessity to manage the communications program and support a full education program calendar to ensure all needs of the program are met. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Administrative Skills: strong administrative and organizational management skills are essential; ability to track and oversee many aspects of the clinical research communication and outreach program.
- Possesses familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) - Excellent computer/software skill. A strong familiarity with Microsoft Products including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Access and SharePoint. Design experience, including skill in using Photoshop and a working familiarity with Illustrator.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.