| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Position is responsible for leading team research billing workflow and processes. Assists staff with resolving departmental issues. Identifies research billing workflow and trends. Process daily research work queues. Assists Director with development of procedures within the department. Assists with other billing functions during vacations and absences. Assists with special projects and other duties assigned. Promotes team effort and departmental goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily performs verification of research billing as investigational to research study write off 755 and standard of care services to insurance companies.
- Performs billing insurance verification for all payers including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and research/special billing insurance.
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Handles patient complaints.
- Handles discounts, adjustments and charge corrections for research accounts.
- Acts as a liaison between the department and the Research Coordinators to resolve patient complaints and insurance issues.
- Contacts patients, WUSM Research Department to resolve billing issues.
- Responds to questions and requests from patients, research coordinators, WUSM Research Department and hospitals.
Equivalent of High School diploma with 3 to 5 years of previous billing or insurance experience required. 2 years of college or business school preferred.
Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment, telephone console, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involves dealing with confidential information.
- Understanding of computerized accounts receivable systems and ICD-10 and CPT Coding.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products to include Word, Outlook, intermediate skills in Excel and at least basic skills in Access.
- In depth knowledge of insurance rejection/appeal and/or collection processes in a healthcare environment. Working knowledge of contracting and underpayment processes.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Radiology Administration. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
The hiring range for this position is $18.09 - $22.61 per hour.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.