NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
The Department of Population Health at NYU School of Medicine seeks a Research Data Associate to facilitate the expansion of an interactive web site to track health and health-related metrics, the City Health Dashboard (CH-Dash), to 500 cities across the United States. The Research Data Associate will be responsible for assisting in data acquisition for the projects Analysts and Data Scientist, and for supporting the Metrics and Analytics team by developing and maintaining a detailed catalog of existing measures, data sources, and peer-reviewed literature on CH-Dash metrics. In addition, the Research Data Associate will support the team in meeting requests for supplemental assistance from power-user cities.
- Catalog measures and data sources for tracking city- or sub-city-level measure of health and health risks
- Conduct literature reviews and scans of policy documents regarding health measurement and metrics
- Assist in preparing journal articles, reports, and policy briefs
- Serve as key contact person for technical assistance and data projects from power-user cities
- Organize meetings and conferences; perform other administrative tasks as necessary
- Communicate effectively with other project staff and stakeholders
- To qualify you must have a Associate's degree with one year of related experience.
- Prior project management experience
- A background and/or coursework in research or research methods
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience organizing events or conducting community outreach
- Bachelor's degree/Master's degree preferred
- Experience writing papers and reports
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.