NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager, IT Enterprise Tools.
The Manager, IT Enterprise Tools is a hands-on technical management position which provides leadership, mentoring, coaching, and direction to the Enterprise Tools team, which is responsible for collaborating on strategy, design, development, automation, management, monitoring, evolution, and enhancements of the Enterprise Tools and Applications in the environment. The department will create custom scripts, and support the Enterprise Tools suite of Management Applications. S/he will provide 24x7 support of engineering solutions in both physical and virtual environments. The team will design and configure customized workflows, functionality, and data flow applications, and will handle all upgrades and security patches to applications during agreed-upon maintenance windows. S/he will implement changes and/or new features to support and secure the Tools environment.
- Develop engineering objectives for their area and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Develop operational plans to align with business objectives and establishes activities/projects that drive goal achievement and collaborates in setting strategic direction for the Enterprise Tools team.
- Management of the Enterprise Tools team, including directing and prioritizing projects, as well as day-to-day work, hiring, training, coaching, and managing a team of new and established, engineers.
- Leverage goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct reports.
- Understand and communicate the Department's vision and create alignment of their area to that vision.
- Recognize development needs and identify/create development opportunities within the team.
- Responsible for vendor management, partnering, and collaboration, across the existing and future Enterprise Tools team suite of applications.
- Provide final approval on design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Allocate and leverage resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/projects/services across function. Analyze options and make decisions on complex issues. Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Contribute to budget development and implementation, manage resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepare and present business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Process and track POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- Perform and direct development and configuration of a number of areas including, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration Management, Incident, CMDB, and Asset Management.
- Work with team leaders to design, manage, and execute new implementations.
- Design and deploy customizations to align with business operations.
- Define, analyze, and document technical requirements.
- Coordinate with Security, Unix/Windows Operations/Engineering, Service Management and other teams to ensure standards are maintained when systems are customized to support MCIT development efforts.
- Production support of new engineering solutions.
- Standardization and automation of systems, tasks, and workflows.
- Recommend, design and implement systems management and automation solutions.
- Design, configure and tune highly-available HEAT systems.
- Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper DR and BC procedures.
- Conduct end-to-end testing of all new functionality or applications developed on the HEAT platform prior to rolling out to production.
- Manage technical projects ensuring best-practices, quality of work and meeting deadlines.
- 24 x 7 support of Medical Center-based systems and related systems.
- Provide Support for FrontRange HEAT application.
- Respond to Incidents and Service Requests for the HEAT application as appropriate.
- Assist with management of HEAT environment.
- Learn other enterprise tools and skills as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years' experience managing a development or infrastructure team.
- 4+ years' experience with design, engineering and supporting of ITSM platforms.
- 4+ years developing custom solutions, scripting and automating workflows and tasks.
- 4+ years working with Enterprise Management tools/applications:
- Symantec Altiris
- Tibco LogLogic LMI
- Tibco BusinessWorks
- Tibco Messaging
- Tibco Spotfire Analyst
- SolarWinds SolarWinds
- Symantec Client Management Suite
- Symantec IT Management Suite
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention Cloud
- Symantec CloudSOC
- Sophos Safeguard Enterprise
- Sophos Endpoint Protection - Advanced
- Sophos Antivirus
- Sophos vShield
- Sophos PureMessage
- Sophos Enterprise Encryption
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Symantec PGP for endpoints
- FrontRange Solutions USA HEAT
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
- ITIL v3 certification is a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.