A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform another job-related duties requested by their supervisor in accordance with regulatory, legal, and organizational policies and procedures.
Cleans all work areas as assigned in an aseptic and clean condition.
MISSION, VISION AND CORE VALUES
It is the responsibility of every Associate at St. James Healthcare to understand, practice and live the Standards of Business Conduct, Mission and Core Values as set forth below. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and Values of St. James Healthcare. It is expected that the Associate will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values:
We reveal and foster God�s healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settings and improve access, quality, health outcomes and affordability.
We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnership with others who share our vision and values.
Excellence We set and surpass high standards.
Caring Spirit We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Integrity We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Stewardship We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.
Safety We deliver care that seeks to eliminate harm for patients and associates
Good Humor We create joyful and welcoming environments.
The Associate shall support St. James Healthcare goals, and direction of the quality improvement process.
1. Cleans and vacuums all floor surfaces.
2. Disposes of all infectious and non-infectious waste.
4. Cleaning of patient rooms and common areas.
5. Dusting of all areas both high and low.
6. Stocks supplies for cart and room as required.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in the cleaning of beds and the Alaris IV Pumps
8. Demonstrates communication skills according to age of patient/visitor/customer. Gives proper instructions to patients/visitor/customer relative to his/her age requirements
9. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
10. Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures
11. Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
12. Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines
13. Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
14.Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.