| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Services & Expertise:
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Womenâ??s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform another job-related duties requested by their supervisor in accordance with regulatory, legal, and organizational policies and procedures.
Cleans all work areas as assigned in an aseptic and clean condition.
MISSION, VISION AND CORE VALUES
It is the responsibility of every Associate at St. James Healthcare to understand, practice and live the Standards of Business Conduct, Mission and Core Values as set forth below. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and Values of St. James Healthcare. It is expected that the Associate will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values:
We reveal and foster Godï¿½s healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settings and improve access, quality, health outcomes and affordability.
We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnership with others who share our vision and values.
Excellence We set and surpass high standards.
Caring Spirit We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Integrity We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Stewardship We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.
Safety We deliver care that seeks to eliminate harm for patients and associates
Good Humor We create joyful and welcoming environments.
The Associate shall support St. James Healthcare goals, and direction of the quality improvement process.
1. Cleans and vacuums all floor surfaces.
2. Disposes of all infectious and non-infectious waste.
4. Cleaning of patient rooms and common areas.
5. Dusting of all areas both high and low.
6. Stocks supplies for cart and room as required.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in the cleaning of beds and the Alaris IV Pumps
8. Demonstrates communication skills according to age of patient/visitor/customer. Gives proper instructions to patients/visitor/customer relative to his/her age requirements
9. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
10. Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures
11. Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
12. Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines
13. Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
14.Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Friends and Family BLS required within 6 months of hire.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Basic Computer Skills
Related experience or training preferred
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Department Age Specific Requirements Participates in patient care for the following age groups: