| Unit Description|
We are hosting hiring events in Montana for our open positions! Opportunities are available at St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings, St James Healthcare in Butte and Holy Rosary Healthcare in Miles City. Events will be held on May 30 & May 31st. Apply to learn more!
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization. Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
Services & Expertise:
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Women’s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
The Patient Financial Counselor is responsible for providing financial advocacy counseling to individuals who are underinsured and/or uninsured. The Patient Financial Counselor determines a patient’s medical financial needs by helping them: apply for Medicaid coverage, qualify for state or federal assistance programs, understand the Affordable Care Act and evaluate payment plan options. The Patient Financial Counselor is responsible for quality assurance in application processing and procedures, in addition to adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO, etc. The Patient Financial Counselor acts as a liaison between care site departments (clinical and non-clinical), and fosters open communication and team work by utilizing positive and effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Basic computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent
- One year financial counseling experience and/or insurance knowledge
- CAC - Certified Application Counselor (within 3 months of hire)
- State Navigator License (to be completed within 3 months of hire if determined at site)
- Financial Counseling experience - 2+ years
- Medicaid / Medicare knowledge
- Insurance knowledge
- Previous Certified Application Counselor training (CAC) - Federal
- Understanding of State and Federal Programs available to the indigent care population i.e. food stamps, Medicaid expansion, SSI, SSDI, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and apply personal tax return information
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss statement
- Previous hospital/medical office, medical insurance and/or customer service experience
Proficient computer skills. Excellent customer service skills, both written and verbal. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients and their families, physicians, nursing personnel and co-workers. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and coordinate more than one event at a time. Professionalism required. Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare benefit plans, drug reimbursement programs, Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.