Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado’s top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you’ve always wanted. For more information about Penrose – St. Francis Health Services, visit http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 105401
Recruiter Contact: Stephanie Calli email@example.com
Clinic/Department: 7525 PSF TRAUMA SERVICES
Hospital: PENROSE HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Provides leadership and management for the trauma service at the facility to assure optimal care for injured patients while meeting regulatory requirements from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the American College of Surgeons. Responsible for daily operations of the trauma program and the achievement of standards related to quality care, patient satisfaction, and fiscally responsible care delivery.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing or related health field
- Master's Degree, preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of trauma program, emergency and/or critical care nursing experience
- Two years of previous leadership experience, preferred
- Experience with trauma registry and coding, preferred
- Current state RN license for applicable state of employment
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS upon hire or within 24 months of hire/transfer
- Current TNCC upon hire or within 24 months of hire/transfer
- CSTR, preferred Membership to a related professional organization preferred (Society of Trauma Nurses, Emergency Nurses Association, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Air and Surface Transport Nurses Association)
Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.