- The Medical Staff Specialist is responsible for coordinating medical staff meetings, ensuring no physician license or needed certificate has expired, and ensuring medical students are appropriately credentialed before starting their rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain a current and accurate calendar of all medical staff events.
2. Organize meetings, including any needed audio-visual and catering.
3. Document all meetings in Outlook and distributes notifications of meeting to all physicians and committee members.
4. Collaborate with committee and/or Section Chair to develop and distribute meeting agenda prior to the meeting.
5. Prepare meeting packets and take accurate minutes.
6. Update Medical Staff computer software in a timely manner.
7. Prepare credentialing notification letters for CEO's signature. Send out a medical staff roster to all leaders in the organization.
8. Notify all providers when license or certification is going to expire.
9. Ensure all license and certification information is validated, recorded in the credentialing software, and appropriately filed in the provider's credential file. Assist in the credentialing process as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of Medical Staff experience preferred.
- Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.