We are seeking a full-time Upper School Science teacher starting August 2017. The Upper School science curriculum introduces physics first, followed by chemistry then biology, to develop a strong conceptual foundation. Science instruction at Archer introduces important driving questions within key domains while developing students ability to think like a scientist through inquiry-based labs and activities. Opportunities to integrate engineering, design, and research are woven throughout the entire curriculum.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, 3-5 years of secondary school teaching experience, a strong educational background, exemplary teaching skills, a desire to grow professionally, and a passion to teach and learn from young people. Candidates should also have demonstrated expertise in student-centered, collaborative, and inquiry-based teaching methodologies. A desire to collaborate with colleagues, the flexibility to teach at multiple grade levels, and facility using technology to augment instruction is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teaching five courses, serving as an advisor, and participating in extra-curricular school activities. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically. Since our mission drives our practice, interested candidates should embody our guiding principles:
- We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
- We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
- We strengthen girls’ voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
- We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
- We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.