The New York Foundling (the "Foundling") is one of the oldest, largest and most well-respected human services agencies in New York. Established as a home for abandoned children, the Foundling has been saving children, preserving families, and building communities since 1869. The Foundling's focus is on child welfare and the developmentally disabled and creating a community where each child, youth and adult enjoys the safe, stable and support relationships needed to reach his or her full physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential. We have over 1300 employees located in every borough of New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties and in Puerto Rico.
If you are passionate about serving youth and families in their homes, have superior interpersonal, & open communication skills, desire to work in an environment with constructive oversight & focus on successful outcomes, we want you! We have vacant Therapist Opportunities in Queens and Brooklyn.
We are seeking an individual with mental health clinical training and experience to implement Multisystemic Therapy for Child Abuse and Neglect (MST-CAN). MST-CAN is a top researched community-based intervention model directed at families with children ages 6 through 17 years old where there is on-going physical abuse and/or neglect. More information on this treatment model may be found here: www.mstcan.com.
- Conduct assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Collaborate with caregivers, families, youth, child protective services and community agency staff
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the model's Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with model Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participate in all model program training, supervision and consultation activities.
- Provide home-based clinical treatment.
- Provide 24/7 coverage on a rotational schedule
The Foundling offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including 20 paid time off days, 12 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, Licensed Supervision, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying on our website at www.nyfoundling.org/about/jobs/ (Requisition #’s: 17-0136, 17-0320 and 17-0390)