Position: High School & Pre-College Coordinator
Department: Enrollment Management
Supervisor: Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management
Hours: Mon - Fri 9 - 5
General Purpose: The High School & Pre-College Coordinator manages youth engagement initiatives developed by the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management to facilitate the recruitment of new students. The coordinator will be required to represent Molloy College, both on and off campus, to prospect ive students, parents, secondary school counselors and other program related individuals or organizations. This position also requires coordination with various college administrative and academic departments to implement and organize various initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage initiatives related to youth engagement
- Oversee student enrollment for all pre-college programs
- Manage all activities to foster STEM awareness
- Manage partnership activities with Catholic high schools and Church youth groups
- Assist with the facilitation of the annual Enrollment Plan
- Support the growth and execution of the High School Scholars Program
- Maintain relationships with parents and students
- Establish relationships and outreach programs with home school student market
- Liaise with all college departments for program implementation and execution
- Manage residential summer programs
- Respond to e-mails from prospective students
- Coordinate program related on-campus events
- Compile data and prepare reports
- Supervise graduate assistant and undergraduate student workers
- Participate in regional professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Peripheral Duties: Attend seminars when needed
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 Years Experience Working in Higher Education
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills Ability to represent the College in a professional manner Work we ll with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently Goal and detail oriented
- Effective at managing multiple priorities
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including some evenings and weekends Maintain a positive attitude
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Assistant Vice-President for Enrollment Management
Responsibility for Public Contact: Daily contact requiring courtesy, discretion, professional appearance and sound judgment.
Licensing and Certification: Valid NYS Drivers license & access to a vehicle for off campus meetings
Tools and Equipment Used: Motor vehicle, personal computer including spreadsheet, Power Point, internet and Jenzabar soltware; telephone; copy machine; and fax machine.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time at recruitment events and walk . The employee must be able to lilt and carry materials up to approximately 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The atmosphere is high paced with high volume levels of work, especially during peak times.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logica l assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.