Department: Mission Fulfillment
Reports to: Director of Mission Fulfillment
Position Summary: Responsible for developing and then managing systems, databases, dashboards, and electronic reports used to support external data reporting and internal data analysis for The Night Ministry.
General Purpose: To promote a culture of learning from data, work with program staff to maintain the data gathering systems of qualitative and quantitative data for The Night Ministry, to serve as coach for program staff on learning data gathering systems for program staff, and to serve as resource in pulling data from databases for internal and external reports and analysis.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of how information is tracked and managed on internal and external databases.
- Ability to translate, analyze, and track program outputs and outcomes (monitoring data) for funding reports, internal dashboards, and external communication.
- Balance attention to detail with relationship building in order to gather the most accurate information from staff.
- Adjust and respond to changing needs in a department that is growing and evolving with the organization's strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with program staff to facilitate data entry into and generate reports from funder-required databases, such as, Electronic Health Records (EHR), Homelessness Management Information System (HMIS), Runaway and Homeless Youth Management Information System (RHYMIS), and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Maintain, grow, and improve a system for gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative date from TNM-initiated research and data, such as, client intake, progress notes, case reviews, etc. on Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Know the data elements that are tracked for internal reports and external reports and work with each team to collect the data and report is as requested.
- Work with Director of Mission Fulfillment and the Impact Evaluation Coordinator in the maintenance and the implementation of The Night Ministry's internal data collection and review process.
- Facilitate in the development of data entry guidelines/policies/procedures and in the development of reporting guidelines/policies and procedures
- Assist programs in the development of annual goals and coordinate and organize collection of monthly and quarterly outcomes and outputs. Assist the Impact Evaluation Coordinator in the implementation of program Logic Models/ Theories of Change developing quantitative and qualitative measurements
- Respond to staff and funder requests for information, prioritizing those requests, in accordance with the Data Access Protocol