Title: Case Manager for Solid Ground Supportive Housing Program
Reports To: Program Coordinator
“La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities.” La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service is to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
The Solid Ground Supportive Housing Program is aimed at transforming the lives of homeless, at-risk youth, ages 16-21, by providing them with the stability, support, and guidance they need in order to become thriving members of society. Program participants will receive comprehensive case management services focusing on a holistic, strength-based approach, as well as educational and vocational training. The Bilingual Case Manager position is a full-time position working Monday – Friday 10 AM – 7 PM, with one Saturday required per month.
Expected Goals and Objectives
Goal One: To provide support in developing and enriching programming and the therapeutic milieu.
- Work within LCN’s frameworks and Philosophy of Care, including Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care, and Positive Youth Development.
- Maintain professional relationships with all staff and residents.
- Supervise and ensure safety of the milieu and building, including communication of all repair and facility needs, supervising safe food preparation and storage, and addressing any issues that may impact the safety of residents, staff, and neighbors.
- Provide crisis intervention support as needed.
- Assist Program Manager in the management of appropriate program development and effective service delivery.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate fashion within the program (i.e. incident reports, contact with youths’ families, supervision, case notes, and all daily log entries).
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with appropriate community providers, organizations, etc.
- Uphold all Solid Ground and La Casa Norte policies.
- Act as program lead in the absence of Program Coordinator, including providing task supervision to Youth Empowerment Specialists.
- Assist with supporting volunteer group and special events.
Goal Two: To work in a team approach to assist residents achieve individual goals
- Support Program Coordinator in conducting clinical assessments for new residents.
- Create and regularly update individualized action plan for all residents, with a primary focus on preparing residents to exit to permanent housing placements.
- Support residents and Youth Empowerment Specialists in identifying specific tasks and strategies to work toward residents’ individual goals.
- Connect residents to community resources, including public benefits, medical care, education, employment support, and mental health services.
- Advocate for residents and support residents at external appointments as needed.
- Schedule regular Action Plan meetings with residents and other staff.
- With appropriate permission to exchange information, communicate and coordinate services with others involved in residents’ lives: families, health care workers, educators, parole offices, etc.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, case review meetings, and other meetings as instructed by the Program Manager or Director of Programs.
- Accurately and promptly document all activities, services, and outcomes in all required formats (ClientTrack, HMIS, paper file, etc).
Goal Three: To maintain complete and accurate program documentation
- Maintain complete and orderly client files, including proof of homelessness and proof of income.
- Complete income recertification and other documentation needed for various funding sources.
- Ensure that all resident assessments, services, and outcomes are promptly and thoroughly documented in ClientTrack, HMIS, and other tracking systems as required.
- Ensure that all resident information is updated at least quarterly.
- Obtain supporting documentation for all outcomes reported (including proof of permanent housing, proof of income, documentation of life skills obtained, etc).
- Maintain current release of information documentation for all collateral contacts for each resident.
- Assist Program Coordinator in preparing for all program audits.
Goal Four: To help youth develop important life skills and outline attainable individual service plan goals & objectives
- Provide program participants with counseling and assistance to support, increase or restore program participant’s capacity for self-sufficiency.
- Utilize a strengths-based approach, harm reduction strategies, and motivational interviewing strategies to support resident progress toward individual goals and positive change.
- Support Solid Ground’s Dismissal Prevention program through developing creative interventions for youth at risk of involuntary discharge.
- Provide assertive engagement when youth are disengaged from programming or at risk of discharge.
- When appropriate, connect
- Partner with youth and staff in creating opportunities for youth leadership and community building within Solid Ground and the community.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte employees are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending weekly staff meetings and other staff trainings.
- Participating in La Casa Norte’s fundraising events.
- Participating in on- and off-site staff trainings, workshops and outreach events as needed.
- Collaborating in a team approach to develop new programs.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support all youth programs overnight and on weekends.
- Perform other duties as needed.