ONE YOU: ONE LCS
Passion to Serve
Join a team that provides you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve.
LCS, the company
LCS creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors. You’ll see this commitment in our people. They’re talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We strive to help every community succeed—strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community.
Executive Director, the opportunity
We are seeking an Executive Director for Stoneridge Creek located in Pleasanton, California to oversee all operational aspects of this CCRC; this opportunity will enhance its health and wellness programming, solidify the hospitality culture and expand resident services and amenities. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration of the Community. The Executive Director has demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of administration and has maintained a high level of performance. He/she must have been in the seniors housing administration for at least three years.
This position reports to the Corporate Operations Director (COD), and/or the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), and/or the Director of Operations Management (DOM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual operating budget; monitor expenditures to provide specified services within budget.
- Implement and audit financial and operational policies approved by the Community’s Board of Directors/Owners and LCS. Prepare timely financial and operational reports as required by LCS, governmental agencies, or the governing board.
- Maintain licensure and certification of the Community; ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; maintain personal nursing home administrator's license and/or any other license required by the state.
- Assures Community maintains a high government rating (i.e. Five Star Rating Program), and minimize licensure and certification deficiencies.
- Maintain a positive relationship with representatives of government agencies who survey and inspect the Community.
- Promote and maintain a working relationship with the Community health delivery system.
- Maintain awareness of and respond as necessary to continuing, overall health center program needs.
- Ensure accessibility of Administrator to health center residents and family.
- Maintain awareness of Medicare payment issues which influence the operation of the health center. Review and recommend changes to Medicare cost report. Be familiar with facility’s Quality Indicator Reports, Benchmarking reports, and Offsite Chart Audit Process reports.
- Ensure that corporate compliance and HIPAA directives are implemented and monitored.
- Maintain quality services for residents in all levels of care at the level established by the Board of Directors/Owner, and consistent with LCS standards.
- Ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in a manner consistent with economics and governing board policies. Oversee continued development/enhancement of preventive maintenance programs.
- Hire and terminate supervisory and key staff personnel; ensure staff development in accordance with all State and LCS standards and requirements.
- Assure employee satisfaction by measuring regularly and implementing change as necessary to improve employee relations.
- Approve employee wage adjustments which are within budget guidelines. Adjustments which exceed guidelines must be approved by COD, ROM and/or DOM.
- Maintain a working atmosphere which is supportive of staff and keeps them informed.
- Develop a positive professional relationship with residents, Board of Directors/Owners, professional organizations, community groups, and other appropriate publics.
- Maintain an active relationship with residents through individual and group interaction, attending resident functions and meetings.
- Meet regularly with Board of Directors/Owners to report on operational issues.
- Report status of operations to Director of Operations Management in oral and written form on consistent timely basis.
- Supervise occupancy development of the apartments, assisted living, and health center. Implement changes as necessary to meet budgeted occupancy.
- Actively manage Community assets and recommend 10-year capital asset replacement schedules to Boards of Directors/Owners.
Knowledge and Skills
- A strong background in financial management, including budget preparation, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety of publics, including residents, Board of Directors, community groups, government agencies, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups.
- A broad understanding of federal and state laws related to the operation of the Community.
- A knowledge of and special sensitivity to the needs of the aging.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff members and to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Computer knowledge and skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience and Qualifications
- The technical knowledge required is best obtained through a B.S. or M.S. degree in business, health care, hotel/restaurant management, or closely related area.
- At least two to five years of management experience in a life care community and a NHA license are usually required.
The Executive Director has the authority to operate the Community on a daily basis within the policies and budgetary guidelines established. Decisions such as changing operating policies, hiring consultants, increasing resident service fees, or handling marketing problems are made after consultation with the COD, ROM, DOM, and approval of the Board of Directors/Owners.
Less than 10%
LCS is always seeking talented individuals to join our growing organization and we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. LCS team members can also expect continuous learning and career growth opportunities, open and direct communication, and a fulfilling work environment.
A POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES, IS REQUIRED
LCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER