Job Title: Research Assistant
Reports To: Director of Evaluation
Umoja Student Development Corporation (Umoja) is a premiere on-the-ground partner for high schools and districts focused on ensuring that all students graduate from high school equipped for college, career and life success. Umoja’s core competencies include college & career readiness, social & emotional learning and restorative justice–each of which Umoja believes is essential to students and schools reaching their academic and postsecondary goals. Through our Seminar and Peace Room models and professional development, Umoja currently partners with 20 public high schools across the city of Chicago. For more information, please visit www.umojacorporation.org.
The Research Assistant is a part-time position that is primarily responsible for the maintenance of Umoja’s evaluation projects, which includes both project and data management. This position also is expected to support any emergent, ad-hoc evaluation initiatives. This is a new position that must be comfortable working in the ever-changing nonprofit environment. This position reports to the Director of Evaluation.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate evaluation projects, including; data entry, survey implementation, tracking and reporting of outcomes, and email communications to program staff on project status
- Assist in the reporting of evaluation findings, including the creation of reports (e.g., tables and charts) and final proofing and editing of reports and dashboards
- Assist in the management of data across various data sources
- Support Director of Evaluation in planning evaluation-based meetings
- Attend relevant evaluation-based meetings
- Support any emergent, ad-hoc evaluation initiatives or projects
- Visit school sites to help with evaluation tasks and/or programming
- Conduct internet research, as needed
- Supervise evaluation data entry staff and other interns, as needed
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. The position will average 10 to 15 hours a week. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Access to an automobile for travel is preferred, but not required.
Umoja Student Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and believes in fostering a diverse and inclusive staff. To do this, we not only recognize each individual’s diverse identity but also actively create and maintain a culture of inclusion where all Umoja employees feel involved, respected, and supported for their diverse identities.
Please let us know if there are any accommodations you require.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS