Burke’s is in the midst of an exciting phase in its communications and fundraising initiatives. With consistent philanthropic growth over the last several years, Burke’s is looking for the right person to manage parent relations and special events, with an eye to promoting an inclusive and strong community.
Katherine Delmar Burke School is an independent K-8 girls’ school located on a 3.5 acre campus in San Francisco. Based on a 109-year tradition of educational excellence, Burke’s today is one of California’s leading elementary schools for girls. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher level critical thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, and academic rigor.
The Parent Relations and Special Events Manager reports to the Director of Advancement, provides leadership, support and guidance to a robust, volunteer-based Parents’ Association, and organizes a variety of special events throughout the school year.
SPECIAL EVENTS (75%)
This position has direct oversight of a variety of special events, often working closely with volunteer committees, faculty, and staff.
- Plan, manage and oversee Family Festival, Dinner Auction, Grandparents’ & Special Friends’ Day, and DASH, as well as events related to various fundraising initiatives, including serving as primary contact with event volunteer chairs
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and school community
- Assess effectiveness and quality of events, providing recommendations for refinement and ways to better achieve the goals of the events
- Thank and recognize volunteers as appropriate
- Work with members of the development team on other school events, as needed
PARENT LIAISON (25%)
This role serves as primary liaison to the Parents’ Association, helping to create an active and strong sense of community for all families.
- Provide guidance and support to Parents’ Association on events and activities throughout the school year
- Recruit, motivate, organize and steward volunteers
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Start date is flexible.