Open Window School is welcoming applications for a Kindergarten Lead Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a rare opportunity for a talented, innovative, energetic, experienced teacher to implement a program that is, at once, challenging, stimulating and nurturing.
Candidates for this position must hold a valid teaching credential.
Strong candidates have successfully demonstrated:
- Three+ years teaching in the primary grades, preferably Kindergarten and/or First Grade
- Teaching math that is student-centered and conceptual
- Strong literacy background
- Understanding of the social-emotional needs of gifted kindergarteners
- Differentiating instruction, preferably in an independent school setting
- Working within a culturally diverse community
Desirable candidates will also have experience:
- Utilizing technology, including 1:1 iPads as a tool for knowledge construction
- Familiarity with 21st Century Learning design
- Positive Discipline and Daily Five Training
Open Window School‘s Kindergarten includes two classrooms of eighteen students and two Lead Teachers. The two teachers work collaboratively and a full time Associate Teacher works side by side with the Lead Teacher in each class. Classrooms accommodate a wide range of skills through differentiated instruction. Students typically work one to three levels beyond grade level. Our goal is to challenge children at the academic level they need while nurturing their growth socially and emotionally in a supportive, developmentally appropriate environment.
Open Window is a Kindergarten through 8th Grade school and the only independent school on Seattle’s Eastside dedicated to meeting the needs of intellectually gifted students. Our faculty members participate in a climate of superb collaboration and professional dialogue.
Our teachers enjoy a competitive salary based on the Bellevue Public School District. This position is eligible for full-time benefits, including school provided medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Eligible employees also have the chance to make pretax contributions to the 403(b) retirement savings plan and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses. The school is not easily accessible by public transportation.
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest in and qualifications for this position, a resume, and three professional references. No phone calls, please.
Subject Line: KINDER-TEACHER2017 – “last name”
Applicants who do not use the specific subject line will not be able to be considered for the position.