Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Administrative Assistant, West Campus Admissions
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an Administrative Assistant, West Campus Admissions to begin in June of 2017. The Administrative Assistant, West Campus Admissions works as part of a team in a busy admissions office and reports to the Director of Admissions, West Campus. This position is a mix of administrative/office support and customer service, as the Administrative Assistant, West Campus Admissions is the initial point of contact for prospective families. The Administrative Assistant, West Campus Admissions supports the Director of Admissions, Associate Director of Admissions, and the Kindergarten Evaluator in the implementation of the admissions process for grades K-6.
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Represent Brentwood School as the first point of contact for applicant families
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all admissions files for grades K-6
- Record applicant materials into the Blackbaud database and follow-up with families or
- schools for missing information as needed
- Prepare materials for all Kindergarten screening evaluations
- Maintain calendars for the Admissions Team including the scheduling of interviews,
- tours and other appointments as needed
- Support the Admissions Office in the planning and execution of all K-6 admissions
- events: open houses and transition events (some weekend work required)
- Interface with agencies, such as A Better Chance (ABC), The Independent School
- Alliance for Minority Affairs, and Young Eisner Scholars (YES)
- Schedule the Parent Tour Guides
- Order and maintain office supplies for the department
- Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Admission and Associate Director of
- Admissions West Campus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google office suite
- Experience with databases is required
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential admissions information
- Willingness and ability to prioritize assignments, look ahead at what might be needed
- next, and multitask
- Ability to communicate and maintain collegial relationships with all constituents:
- students, parents, teachers, and volunteers
- Energy, patience, and a sense of humor necessary to work effectively with others
- Capacity to work both independently and with a team
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the School’s website: www.bwscampus.com .
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references
Director of Admissions, West Campus