In alignment with company mission, vision and values, the Nurse Care Manager coordinates and manages service delivery to clients with acute and chronic health issues, optimizing their ability to remain safe, independent and active. Provides services primarily in the home, but may also provide services in the office, in a hospital, in a residential facility such as independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or in other locations.
This is a salaried, part-time opportunity, working 14-28 hours/week.
CareOptions aims to be the go-to resource for services that can guide older adults and their family members to thrive in the place they call home. To accomplish this, CareOptions offers a client-centered approach for seniors and their families. We work with families to provide answers at a time of seemingly endless questions. Our Care Managers help guide the actions and decisions that ensure an optimal life for an elderly loved one. CareOptions is a program of North Shore Senior Center and has been providing care management since 1988.
CareOptions Nurse Care Manager provides client services that include, but are not limited to:
Assessment & Care Planning
- Conducts a nursing assessment to determine client’s acute and chronic health issues, and assess mental status and cognitive skills.
- When indicated, performs visual assessment of the home environment, or collaborates with designated staff to coordinate an environmental assessment.
- Gathers input from relevant sources (family, caregivers, healthcare providers) as needed.
- Discusses common health concerns such as falls, incontinence, changing sleep patterns and sexual issues.
- Explains and organizes medications, to ensure adherence.
- Escorts clients to medical appointments to ensure appointment attendance and to facilitate the client’s understanding of physician orders.
- Oversees transitions from hospital to rehab, rehab to home with the goal of preventing re-hospitalization.
- Makes referrals to appropriate community resources for needed resources, e.g. physical and mental health.
- Develops a person-centered plan of care designed to meet the client’s needs, with specific objectives, goals, actions and timelines.
- Educates clients about personal safety, disease prevention and disease management.
- Provides education and consultation to CareOptions staff around healthcare needs of clients.
Healthcare Coordination & Advocacy
- Provide medical guidance and advocacy by reviewing: diagnoses, treatment options, tests, and medications.
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate skilled nursing and rehab facilities for clients.
- Acts as liaison with home health and home care agencies on behalf of clients and client families.