This is an extended part-time position-25 hours per week
Detailed Job Description
The Staff Assistant provides professional administrative support to the professional office staff of the Office of Compliance & Ethics (“OCE”). The incumbent also performs a wide variety of office functions such as typing correspondence including letters, memorandums, contracts and reports generated by various members of OCE and assembles and distributes documents to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of work within the office. This position maintains the department filing system, department databases, updates department calendars, provides primary telephone triage and performs other department support duties as assigned.
This position requires sensitivity in handling compliance-related work (and in limited cases legal work) with extreme confidentiality and discretion. The Staff Assistant will be expected to maintain confidentiality of all business information.
- Provide administrative and technical support including, but not limited to creating and maintaining databases, presentations, correspondence, reports, ordering of office supplies, travel arrangements, maintenance of office files, developing spreadsheets, maintaining calendars of OCE staff, setting up conferences (telephone, video, and other technology where appropriate, etc.)
- Coordinate the use and maintenance of all office equipment and perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Organize programs, events, meetings, or conferences by arranging facilities, including the office conference rooms, and caterers, and issuing information or invitations.
- Process incoming office mail and distribution, including invoices
- Work with Accounts Payable for timely reception of invoices and setting up of new vendors as required.
- Coordinate special projects as requested.
- Ensure compliance of administrative related requirements, as outlined in RIT policy (i.e. Document Retention Policy, etc.)
- Participate in mandatory training that may be required per RIT policies and procedures and complete other training as required to keep skills current and perform job competently.
- Other duties as assigned.