- Matriculating college students (juniors, seniors and graduate students preferred) or college graduates.
- Experience working with students in a residential setting. Experience working with low-income and/or culturally diverse students, preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in an athletic or creative area preferred.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of high school students.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate student activities.
- Must be highly energetic.
- Ability to maintain positive, safe and professional environment at all times.
The goal of the Upward Bound Program is to provide participants with the skills and motivation necessary for access to and success in post-secondary education. Upward Bound students are low-income, first-generation college bound high school students from Mattapan, Dorchester, and Roxbury, who have shown a strong desire to attend college. Upward Bound strives to help students develop confidence and a love of learning. Upward Bound offers an array of academic, personal enrichment, and college/career services designed to supplement high school education and tailored to address specific student needs, including a residential summer program. The summer program exposes students to life on a college campus, allows for intensive, rigorous academic work, and creates space for students to learn valuable social and decision-making skills. Upward Bound students learn the skills necessary to be agents of change in their own lives, their communities, and the world at large.
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received:
- Contact information for 3 references who can speak to your experience and abilities.
- Completed application
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
For more information about the program, please visit us online at: www.umb.edu/academics/vpass/support_programs/upward_bound