Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with periodic shifts on weekends and evenings
Position Summary Under the general supervision of the Head Librarian of the Curriculum Resource Center (CRC), serves as an education subject specialist for the CRC; provides specialized reference, instruction and circulation services to patrons including some evenings and weekends; serves as resource person for CRC circulation functions; processes teaching aids; coordinates suggestions from staff for materials to purchase; provides clerical support for the CRC; compiles statistics; processes gifts; maintains operations related to die-cut machine; oversees the picture collection; prepares books for pre-cataloging; links materials in the catalog .
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as resource person for CRC circulation, including: processing reserve requests, sending reserve reports to faculty, resolving circulation problems with library patrons, sending overdue notices, calculating replacement costs, maintaining associated records and materials, and working with Access Services staff.
- Prepares and delivers library instruction presentations, orientations, and tours in collaboration with BGSU faculty; completes online report of instructional activities.
- Provides reference and circulation services at the CRC reference desk, including regular evening and weekend shifts.
- Recommends materials for purchase for the CRC to the Head Librarian and examines new materials.
- Serves as unit manager of the CRC during assigned shifts.
- Processing Teaching Aids, including: preparing them for cataloging, coordinating student employees’ pre-cataloging efforts, and repairing them as necessary.
- Coordinates activities related to acquiring new materials, including: routing vendor catalogs and periodicals to staff for review, collating and sharing staff suggestions, and, upon Head approval, submitting orders of selected items.
- Maintains day-to-day operations of die cut machines including maintenance of machines and dies, recordkeeping of subscriptions, tracking die requests, placing orders for dies or supplies, contacting departmental subscribers.
- Evaluates, acquires and oversees the processing of materials for the picture collection.
- Prepares books for cataloging, including coordinating student employees pre-cataloging efforts, flagging materials as appropriate, and repairing books.
- Links standing orders and periodicals issues, newly cataloged books, and newly cataloged Teaching Aids. Provides clerical support for the CRC such as: compiles, confirms, and forwards CRC hours to Access Services, updates hours message on voicemail; maintains and orders supplies; submits maintenance requests; compiles equipment requests.
- Compiles annual and monthly CRC statistics, including: student employees’ compilation of daily statistics for access services, reference services and area usage; die cut usage; gifts received; and circulation and reserves.
- Processes gift materials and maintains gift records.
- Prepares monthly report for the Head Librarian on activities/projects completed that reflect the University Libraries strategic goals and the CRC’s Strategic Initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, e.g. participates on Library and other committees or teams, and performs other miscellaneous technical and clerical tasks.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
Full-time classified staff position. $15.89/hr. Full benefits package available.
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.