| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Role Responsibilities :
- Review, scan, and process applications for all Advanced Markets Network (AMN) life products, including new applications and informal inquiries.
- Coordinate underwriting requirements by interacting with brokers (primarily with their New Business associates) agents, and potentially outside medical vendors, and underwriters, including client medical exams, financial records, and motor vehicle reports.
- Gather and coordinate additional requirements and forms including correct/final illustration, specific forms needed for state of issue and case design.
- Handle initial and downstream accounting entries related to the new business process.
- Process appropriate required state forms and product specific policy delivery requirements.
- Provide excellent day-to-day customer service to brokers and their staff, agents, clients, and AMN wholesalers, either over the phone, in person, or through electronic communication.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality and accuracy in completing and processing cases.
Role Qualifications :
- Associates, or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum 3+ years of customer service experience required
- The ideal candidate should have customer service and administrative experience (i.e., life insurance, retail, banking, real-estate)
- Strong computer skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to learn how to read life insurance illustrations
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.