| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
New York Life's Third Party Service Organization is hiring Service Manager for its New York Service Center. The Service Organization strives to provide best in class service by making every service experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going. We are looking for customer- focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
Service Manager establishes high quality customer relationships using informational resources and technical knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Ensure adequate staffing for high volume of external inbound customer and sales agent inquiries
- Transact routine financial and non financial activity on client accounts with both expediency and accuracy
- Assist team members daily to complete work in order to meet departmental and regulatory standards
- Effective decision making based on comprehensive case analysis
- Demonstrate valuable interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete tasks within provided deadlines
- Handle escalated issues as necessary
- Set priorities for the team based on business needs
- Provide routine feedback to direct reports to assist in achieving potential
- Bachelor's degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing call center highly preferred
- Accountable, ethical, good decision making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good computer skills and ability to multitask
- FINRA Series 6 license required (employment contingent upon passing within 6 months of hire)
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes with the ability to navigate multiple applications)
- Industry recognized courses and designations (ie. like LOMA but not limited to).Certifications (ie. Call Center Associate Certification)and other relative activities highly preferred
Training & Development:
Service Manager will undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8:30am - 5:30pm during the work week.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.