| Position Description:|
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work. (sm)
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Data entry of client information into designated database/Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
- Processing and tracking inpatient and outpatient authorization requests, and distribute the appropriate work products to clinical teams for clinical review.
- Update and validate demographic and diagnosis information in (EHR) as needed.
- Scanning of documents for retention and filing of documents
- Purging of documents.
- Facsimile and photocopy duties; other assistance to CSS team member as needed with overall direction from CSS Supervisor.
- Efficiently answer incoming calls and provide prompt and courteous service to customers and guests. External stakeholders include inpatient hospitals; Providers; Billers; CWS; Probation Officers; Attorneys, etc.
- Position requires ability to access the countys electronic medical record.
- Processing Authorizations within the establish TAT, and serving as back up for CSS processes depending on staff availability.
- Sort through incoming faxes.
- Cross train in other CSS processes.
- E-filing of all requests, treatment plans, reports, etc.
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and for other departments as needed.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, DYMO label, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine.
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Serve as a central contact for crisis stabilization and inpatient bed availability
- Implement revised utilization management process for outpatient authorizations
- Expand TERM quality review process to include funded cases
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Manager.