Associate Administrator, Financial Operations & Reporting - (170000TI)
As a member of the Department's senior management team, the Associate Administrator, Finance Operationsand Reporting will collaborate with the Department's Chair, SeniorAdministrator, and leadership in the development of the Department's mission,strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, operating plans, and policies forthe Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Services in theSchool of Medicine. This position provides direct oversight for the Departmentscapital, operational, and FTE Budgets, and directs the financial reporting,accounting, and statistical analysis team. This position develops businessplans in support of the Department's programmatic growth, provides expertfinancial advice and representation, directs all fiscal activities of theDepartment and is accountable for the successful operation for all clinicalpractices. This position provides direct oversight of the departments finance,accounting, and statistical analysis units ensuring timely responses tofinancial reporting, inquiries, and audits, and ensures compliance with allFederal, State, DOL, University, and MSP policies.
This isan exempt, regular position and offers a generous benefits package thatincludes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days;comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remissionfor employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Marylandschools.
- Participate at the executive levelwith the Department's Chair and Senior Administrator in the development of thedepartment's mission, strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, AnnualReport, operating plans and policies. Contribute towards maintaining thepractice's growing market share, reimbursement, maximization and costcontainment including productivity improvement. Evaluate and advise the impactof long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulate responsibilities.Define problems, collect data, analyze available information and evaluateresults to choose the best solution to solve problems and make high impactdecisions.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement,direct and evaluate the department's financial function and performance. Providefinancial vision and direction that aligns with the department's overallbusiness strategies; provide leadership, guidance and direction for thedepartment's financial plans. Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforceprocesses and procedures of the department that will improve the overalloperation and effectiveness of the department. Track all revenues andexpenditures from UMMC, State of Maryland, FPI, and the professional contractswith hospitals throughout Maryland. Oversee department's financial, budget andprocurement activities; prepare budgets including those for funding orimplementation of programs. Overseepreparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financialposition forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Develop and foster effectivecollaboration among Department leadership, faculty, staff, and other affiliatedentities to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfillingthe department's clinical, research and educational goals and objectives. Encourageand build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members withindepartment and external and internal partners/organizations. Motivate, develop,and direct people to achieve business goals. Work collaboratively with FPI,UMMC leadership, and the School of Medicine to develop and implementwell-balanced clinical, academic, and research programs designed to ensure theoperational and strategic success of the department.
- Align practice operations to meetthe needs of patient care while also supporting the educational and researchmissions of the Department. The Associate Administrator is responsible forbusiness process improvement and supporting faculty and nurse practitioners inquality, safety, patient service and clinical process improvement activities.
- Oversee and direct the humanresources and payroll activities ensuring continued operations and fundmanagement, accurate time and effort reporting, and enforcing and administeringfederal and state employment regulations as well as corporate policies andprocedures.
- Review and analyze legislation,laws, or public policy and recommend changes. Prepare and present reportsconcerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes and other itemsaffecting the department operations.
Education:Bachelor's degrees in Finance, Accounting, or other related field required.
Experience:Eight years of finance experience with at least five years financial operationsexperience required.
Supervisory:Five years of direct management involved in recruitment, training andprofessional development of staff and directly responsible for the performanceof staff.
License/Certification: ActiveCertified Public Accountant license preferred; Certified Medical PracticeExecutive (CMPE) preferred.
Other:Financial Disclosure required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Thorough knowledgeof financial and accounting principles and practices and ability to bring aboutstrategic change, internally and externally, to meet organizational goals. Extensiveknowledge of financial planning and budget analysis demonstrated throughprogressively responsible management experience in a healthcare environment.
- Ability to maintain highstandards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends andinfluences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effectiveand timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Strategicand analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and makedecisions. Ability to make persuasive proposals to third parties. Ability toprioritize ongoing and new projects as well as conduct research and gatherinformation. Ability to continuously seek quality service and processimprovements in order to support a mission and strategic vision.
- Ability to effectivelycommunicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes andpresents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understandswritten information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbalcues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to workcooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful,and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Demonstrate pleasant andpositive interactions with others to meet customer expectations, and providefollow up with customers. Reaches compromise and consensus to influence andnegotiate. Remains calm and is able to manage conflict, and works well with adiverse workforce. Approachable style allows others to be open in sharingthoughts and ideas.
Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience.
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & CareerServices at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. MarylandRelay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veteransand individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E1263J
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: Yes
: Medicine - Obstetrics, Gynecologic and Reproductive Sciences
: May 18, 2017
: Jun 17, 2017, 11:59:00 PM