Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field, Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Seven years spent progressively building a background in the various departmental functions with at least three years of experience at a management/leadership level.
Fundraising experience in an academic medical or research institute setting are preferred. The salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to work with faculty, staff, and senior administration to develop major gift donor opportunities.
- An ability to establish strong collaborative ties with faculty and senior administration in achieving fundraising objectives.
- Knowledge of best practices of prospect cultivation and solicitation.
- An ability to establish goals, structures and processes necessary for implementing a mission and strategic vision.
- Strong leadership, coaching and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills coupled with the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- An ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in the performance of other duties as required or assigned by the leadership of UMSOM.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.