| The PhD in Population Health Sciences (PHS) is a joint collaboration between the Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to offer a Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Population Health Sciences. The program is designed to encourage students to benefit from connections between public health disciplines and a broader range of academic disciplines represented across the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS).|
Students in this program are based at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and concentrate in one of the following Fields of Study: Environmental Health (EH), Epidemiology (EPI), Global Health and Population (GHP), Nutrition (NUT), and Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS).
The PhD in Population Health Sciences (PHS) Program Coordinator I has direct responsibility for the programmatic functions and activities of the PHS program ranging from tracking and reporting admissions decisions for the PHS program to coordinating program educational meetings and events, including taking the lead on special events. The position reports to and works closely with the Assistant Director of the PhD in PHS.
The position is responsible for some communication and program coordination between PHS and five academic Fields of Study, the Admissions Office, the Registrar's Office, the Office of Student Services, and Security at both Harvard Chan and FAS..
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the key interface and main point of non-academic support with 80 current PHS students - as well as various prospective PHS students and visitors to the PHS Program Office.
- Coordinate with Field of Study administrators to ensure current and accurate student information and documentation.
- Coordinate survey efforts to assess ongoing needs of students.
- Assist with tracking and reporting on Admissions inquiries and decisions. Coordinate prospective and admitted student visits, including any necessary interview events or newly-admitted student visits.
- Gather and maintain continuous data for and assist in the preparation of PHS program reports, presentations, mailings, and ensuring compliance with both internal and external organizations' regulations and requirements.
- Assist in the monitoring, ordering, and provision of supplies for both the PHS Program Office and adjacent student space.
- Coordinate Weekly Evening Seminars for first- and second-year PhD students, from space needs to catering to content support for presenters
- Plan and coordinate any additional meetings and events with constituents involved in instructional and/or recreational needs, student admissions, recruitment, interviewing, matriculation, commencement, and one-off social events.
- Manage fiscal responsibilities by negotiating and managing contracts with outside vendors for travel, lodging, and dining expenses; gather and organize financial documentation for the processing of reimbursements.
- Willingness to work on some evenings (specifically for Weekly Evening Seminars) and some limited weekend hours, which will be adjusted to accommodate for overall weekly hours worked and for which advance notice will be provided.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of 2 years from date of hire, with the possibility of extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers