The main purpose of this position is to provide support to the Sr. Director of Finance and Business Affairs in various capacities. Responsible for the successful implementation and execution of a wide range of business office projects (Information technology, Finance, HR, Purchasing, Research administration). This includes managing communication materials and status updates through various technologies, coordinating meetings, note taking, assisting with policy and procedure documentation. Other duties are as assigned.
Project Coordination (50%)
- Work with team members to establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of JHU CTY policies.
- Coordinate the identification, scheduling and assignment of project activities, tasks and milestones
- Assist in overseeing the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
- Ensure project delivery framework tasks, activities and deliverables are represented and accounted for in project plans and timelines
- Identify resources needed and assign tasks as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings to explain and interpret project initiatives and progress.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of assigned project.
- Provide updates to and with the team on all project activities
- Communicate team responsibilities, target dates, project status and resource needs
- Report on project plan progress, costs and scheduling.
- Establish and provide weekly status, dashboards and project updates
- Facilitate change management documentation within assigned projects
- Identify, document, escalate and address risks and issues
- Complete other administrative and coordination duties as assigned
Customer Service (25%)
- Provides timely and thorough follow up with staff, internal and external customers.
- Appropriately escalates difficult issues up the chain of command.
- Acts as a role model in providing an environment that supports the core values and encourages continuous learning, personal development and accountability.
- Quality Assurance
- Serves on committees, work groups, and/or process improvement teams, as assigned, to assist in improving quality/customer satisfaction.
- Recognizes and alerts appropriate administrative level of trends within their scope of responsibility that fall outside of quality parameters.
- Performs self-quality monitoring in order to develop and execute plans to meet established goals.
- Listens to recorded and live calls for accuracy and quality to ensure we are meeting performance guarantees, for service levels and quality as well as the overall block of business.
- Provides monthly coaching to help optimize quality performance.
- Collaborates with others and cross-departmentally to improve or streamline procedures.
- Develops new or improves current internal processes to improve quality
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Creates and updates reports in SAP, CIS and CRM
- Assist in the development and implementation of policy & process documentation
- Assist in the development and implementation of SharePoint, FormStack, and other administrative technologies
- Assist with Marketing related activities and projects